Fire investigation and fire claims investigations are being held to greater responsibility and accountability by our courts than ever before. As such, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) developed Complex Fire Investigation for the Insurance Industry, creating a partnership that spans more than twenty-five (25) years. Complex Fire Investigation for the Insurance Industry was created as a training course that would benefit both criminal law enforcement and the insurance industry.
Complex Fire Investigation for the Insurance Industry is an adult-based, interactive learning opportunity, teaching the latest advanced investigative techniques. One of the highlights of this week-long program is a practical exercise in which students can apply their knowledge to the investigation of complex arson, fraud and for-profit schemes.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
Visit the Complex Fire Investigation for the Insurance Industry website.
- Civil vs. Criminal Law Financial Investigations
- Overview of Origin/Cause-Systematic Approach – Vetting an Expert
- Multi-defendant Arson Insurance Fraud Case Study
- Interaction of Insurance and Law Enforcement at Large-Loss Fires
- The Daubert Rule
- Electronic Data Collection and more!!!