- Minimum of 5 years
of experience conducting origin and cause fire and explosion investigations including residential,
commercial, vehicles, heavy equipment
- National ProBoard certification and IAAI-CFI certification required
understanding of fire behavior and a working knowledge of building construction
of building features and any impact on the development and spread of fire
- In-depth knowledge of the types of fuel, the ease of ignition of each fuel and
the impact of each fuel on the development of the fire
- Capable of collecting, securing, packaging and transporting physical evidence
(accidental and incendiary fires) in a proper manner
- Capable of documenting a fire scene through the use of both still and video
- Possess advanced communication skills in order to relate significant
information to the appropriate parties involved in the claim
- Capable of independently developing an opinion as to the origin and cause of
the fire and relating the opinion in a clear and concise manner in depositions,
trials and court testimonies
- Capable of being licensed as a Private Investigator within 30 days of employment.
- Dependable vehicle, cellular telephone and laptop computer
- Ability to work independently, travel and communicate effectively is essential
- Frequently required to stand for prolonged
periods of time.
- Required to lift and/or move heavy
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders from
various levels and heights.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
in front of a computer.
- Ability to pass a medical evaluation
and FIT test prior to employment
Denver, CO; Boise, ID; Minneapolis, MN; Oklahoma City, OK; Phoenix, AZ; Boston, MA; Indianapolis, IN; Albuquerque, NM; New York, NY