We currently have outstanding full and part time opportunities available for Fire & Explosion Consultants.
At the direction of the Regional Manager and with minimal supervision, the incumbent investigates various incident types (based on qualifications). These may include but are not limited to origin and cause investigations of fire and explosions, SIU related investigations, insurance fraud, and other investigations contingent on the needs of our clients and business unit.
• Creates detailed analysis of the incident scene to determine point of origin and cause. To include documentation of what “did not” cause the incident.
• Documents purported fire suppression/detection systems or intrusion detection systems.
• Interviews witnesses, to include owner, occupants, tenants, service personnel and other local officials as to their actions associated with the incident.
• Identifies possible subrogation and / or liability issues; i.e., products and/or services associated with the incident and retrieval of related reports/documentation.
• Preserves equipment/components, etc. for further evaluation/ review.
• Stores evidence retrieved from the scene pending client’s written disposition instructions.
• Evaluates physical evidence, and its potential association with the cause and/or subrogation and/or liability.
• Researches Consumer Product Safety Commission and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for product related safety bulletins and/or recall notices.
• Must be bond-able and eligible for licensing as a private investigator where so required, some jurisdictions require written testing for licensing.
• Baccalaureate degree in a related field, or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and critical thinking skills is necessary.
• Law enforcement, firefighting, or other investigative training is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Former experience as a city, county, state, or federal criminal investigator, or an insurance investigator is desired.
Boston, MA; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Philadelphia, PA; Norfolk, VA, Detroit, MI; Birmingham, AL; Tampa, FL; Seattle,WA; Orange County, CA